Tuition for all grades for the 2016-2017 school year is $45,500. The tuition management company, SMART TUITION, handles all billing and payment processing for Beaver. The tuition figure, which includes your enrollment deposit covers all expenses except, tuition refund insurance (0.9% of tuition), textbooks, a laptop, personal school store purchases and other miscellaneous charges. Click here to enroll with SMART TUITION.
There are three payment plan options with SMART TUITION: single payment (due 05/01/2016), 3 installments (05/01/16, 07/01/16 and 01/01/17) or 10 monthly installments (05/16 through 02/17.) More details are provided with the enrollment contract.
Every student’s family may apply for need-based financial aid. The deadline is February 1. About 25% of families receive some financial aid each year. Beaver does not award merit scholarships.
The financial aid process is separate from the admission process, and the financial aid application must be re-submitted every year. Decisions are made by the Financial Aid Committee at Beaver and based on the reporting system called School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS by NAIS).
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
1. Indicate your interest in applying for financial aid on the application for Admission form or contact the Admission Office as soon as possible and no later than January 1.
2. As soon as possible and no later then February 1, complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). You may complete the PFS online or download a paper version of the PFS at the NAIS’s School & Student Services website. Please request that a report be sent to Beaver (our school code is 1528.) If separated, divorced or never married, both parents must submit a PFS. Be sure to complete all items and provide clear explanations.
In addition to filling out the PFS, please upload the following documents with your application:
- a copy of your 2014 signed federal tax return including all supporting documents including W-2s and 1099s
- a copy of your 2015 signed federal tax return and W-2 forms or 1099 forms (or copies of year-end pay stubs, if documents are not yet available)
- a signed undated IRS 4506 form which can be found here, items 1-4; do not include fee
- If you are self-employed or own your own business or farm, please submit the Business/Farm Statement directly to NAIS School and Student Services and include your business taxes with your income tax return.
- All documents should be uploaded or sent directly to SSS.
Applicant families will be notified if they will receive a financial aid grant on March 10, along with their admission decision.